DATA BREACH RESPONSE
Comprehensive, cost-effective settlement administration.
With the infrastructure and capacity to handle projects of any size, Rust is the smart choice in settlement administration. Our “unified compliance posture” of security certifications and best practices delivers peace of mind to our clients.
Learn more about our solutions using the menu to the left, or read more about Rust's services using the links below.
Rust's complimentary preliminary consultation helps to ensure that all parties understand how a project can best be administered, how long it will take, and what it will cost. Our experts will answer questions and offer suggestions based on our 5,600+ programs successfully completed throughout decades of notice and administration experience.
Average Rust Tenure of Key Personnel:
Our experienced leaders provide our clients peace of mind by calling out potential pitfalls and identifying cost-effective solutions before it's too late.
- 18+ Years: Executive leadership team members
- 16+ Years: Functional directors
- 14 Years: Practice area leaders
Rust provides peace of mind by apprising our clients of what has happened, what is happening, and what is going to happen. Experienced project leaders not only guide the administration process from kickoff through closure and communicate with regular reports and statistics, but offer insights and options to handle unexpected challenges. Rust’s clients also enjoy working with professionals whose experience is directly relevant to their unique industry and subject matter.
Rust's highly experienced project management staff come from backgrounds and fields including project management, information technology, finance, law, and operations. Rust's cross-functional, innovative teams include experts in their respective disciplines: CPAs, Ph.Ds, attorneys, and PMPs.
With Rust, there are no surprises.
Whether managing a few dozen or tens of millions of data records, Rust's secure systems and skilled technical experts ensure project data are well structured to facilitate thorough notification, efficient claims processing, and accurate distribution. We employ proprietary programmatic scripts to “cleanse” project data and minimize the risk of errors, rework, and unnecessary expenses for our clients.
In addition, we actively mitigate potential threats by adhering to a comprehensive assortment of security best practices we refer to as our Unified Compliance Posture, including:
- Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) system certification and accreditation from two federal agencies.
- Safe Harbor Principles compliance.
- Annual SSAE16 SOC 2 Type II Report audit of our data and system security controls and protocols.
- Compliance with applicable laws, such as the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
Rust delivers notice to hundreds of millions
of people annually, whether through the U.S. Postal Service, email, paid advertising, or social media.
We work to improve deliverability rates and reduce costs and offer advanced options for locating individuals according to challenging, unconventional parameters. With our sister company Kinsella Media
, Rust brings qualified, court-recognized notice expertise
to the design and execution of notice plans to meet unique project needs and budgets.
Featured Example: In re: Target Corporation Customer Data Security Breach Litigation, MDL No. 14-2522 (D. Minn.).
- 71 million email notices.
- 12 million mailed notices.
Rust communicates accurate, program-specific content via live phone support, automated voice systems, websites, email,
and other channels. We have handled inbound and outbound calls for thousands of clients with our on-site, domestic contact centers, including seven separate engagements with more than 1 million calls apiece.
Rust has also designed, deployed, and managed over 1,600 case-specific websites,
with and without claims filing capabilities. Our customer support systems are customized to meet your needs
with each engagement.
Featured Example: In re Transpacific Passenger Air Transportation Antitrust Litigation, No. 07-05634, MDL 1913 (N.D. Cal.).
- 24-hour toll-free telephone support via IVR was established in 15 countries and recorded in 10 languages.
- Live support in all 10 languages was provided by Rust operators who worked evenings in Rust’s Minneapolis call center to respond to messages left by international callers.
- Rust’s settlement website supported all 10 languages.
- There were over 750,000 visitors to the website, and over 96 percent of claims were filed online.
Our proprietary systems are designed to quickly and accurately facilitate claims processes of any type,
whether a simple form requiring only a signature or a complex set of forms requiring supporting documentation. We can accommodate project customization and flexible, on-demand reporting needs while leveraging best practices in the handling of paper or online
Our experienced professionals consult on processes that balance class member participation, fraud prevention, and cost efficiency.
We offer recommendations to help ensure the level of scrutiny is proportionate to the value of benefits to be distributed and your budget.
Featured Example: In re Compact Disc Minimum Advertised Price Antitrust Litig., MDL 1361 (D. Me.).
- More than 3.4 million claims filed online – over 98% of all claims filed.
- More than 140,000 online claims filed in a single day.
Distribution and Tax Reporting
Rust has distributed more than $20 billion
on behalf of our clients. Our in-house bank and tax group
manages the funds, including tax reporting functions. We manage distribution processes involving any benefit type, including checks, coupons, vouchers, products, and electronic distributions,
and regularly handle complex multi-year distribution projects or cy pres programs.
Featured Example: National Mortgage Settlement
- $1.5 billion in settlement funds distributed to more than 1 million eligible borrowers.
- 98 percent of all checks eventually cashed.