DATA BREACH RESPONSE
Your agency may not have experience handling the administration of a settlement or consent order. Rust has handled more than 6,000 matters spanning all types of allegations and works with governmental agencies at all levels: federal, state, and local. Based on decades of experience, we provide insights into factors that influence filing rates, form design, documentation requirements, fraud prevention, validation criteria, and deficiencies processing.
- Attorneys General: Dozens of matters, including the recent $1.5 billion National Mortgage Settlement.
- Securities and Exchange Commission: More than 70 Fair Fund, market timing, and enforcement actions totaling over $2 billion.
- Federal Trade Commission: Second consecutive 5-year contract to administer consumer redress matters; Rust has distributed over $75 million to more than 790,000 consumers.
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau:Twelve matters awarded to date under a 5-year contract to administer CFPB matters.
- Dept. of Labor, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission: Numerous settlements, including more than 25 recent EEOC settlements.
- Dept. of Justice: Numerous settlements including the largest residential fair lending settlement in the history of the DOJ, the $335 million U.S. v. Countrywide Financial Corp., No. 11-cv-10540 (C.D. Cal.).
Kim Schmidt, CPA
Senior Vice President